Friday, March 20, 2009

The First Day Of Spring

So I was checking in with my fellow bloggers today and I realized that I hadn't posted a blog in a really long time. Evidently, it's been a couple of months. Oh, how the time flies! And now it's the first day of spring. Crazy how things get away from you sometimes...

These last couple of months have been pretty good. I've been flying a bunch and spending tons of time with my main squeeze. I recently took a promotion of sorts at work and am now a LEAD instructor as well. So I fly half time and teach ground school the other half. I just started doing the instructor thing, and so far I like it pretty well. My company just laid off like 800 people (mostly ground crews) and I get an upgrade. What are the odds? Well, I'm definitely not complaining. I'm just glad I have a job still. In case you missed it, our economy sucks.

Next month John and I are going to Paris for 4 or 5 days to celebrate my birthday. I had to talk him into it at first, but we're both looking forward to the trip. I figured that a commercial airline pilot should have a few more trans-oceanic trips under his belt. So really, I'm just doing it for him. :) I'm hoping to spend some time at the Louvre and the Eifel tower and Notre Dame - you know, the typical Paris sights. I'll probably partake of more than my fair share of French wine and croissants, too. But if you guys know of some other cool things we can do there too, please let me know.

Last month I had the opportunity to fly out to North Carolina to visit my sister-in-law Jolene who as many of you know is battling breast cancer. It was a short visit, but it was great for me to be able to see her and spend some time with my family. She is going through chemotherapy and her hair started falling out the day after I got there, so I also had the very interesting experience of shaving her head for her. We all had a really fun time doing it, but truth be told, it was bitter sweet. She does look really great though - hair or no hair. I've always thought that she was really beautiful. Now there's just no hair in her face to obscure the view. :)

Next week, John's parents are coming to town to visit for a couple of days. I'm excited to see them again. It should be an interesting visit since his parents will be meeting my parents for the first time. (I can hear all of you right now thinking, "oh, reeeally?!" You know who you are. LOL!) I think we're all going to dinner or something. It should be a good time. I'm looking forward to it.

So that's kinda what I've been up to. Other than the Paris trip, I don't have any other big plans coming up. I'm sure I'll find little trips and things to go on throughout the summer though. I'm really excited that the weather is warming up. I am so done with winter!! I'm sure I'll keep you posted as life goes on... Happy first day of spring!!

1 comment:

Elayne said...

Hey Mandy,
I've been reading your blog posts and find your style refreshingly honest. Thanks for sharing your life with us and for acknowledging the sovereignty of God here. He really can make something beautiful out of any situation. You sure have proved that once again. God bless you and keep you as the apple of His eye as you journey life with Him!! Nice to meet you here!